All configuration of Redis will be present in the redis.conf file. There are many ways to change the Configuration of Redis Server.
When the Server is not running(temporary changes):
- You can start the Redis Server with the following command,
./redis-server –<parameter1> value1 –<parameter2> value2 ….. –<parameterN> valueN
- This change will be reflected till the server is stopped.
When the Server is not running(permanent Changes):
- Open the redis.conf file and edit the parameters.
- Then Save the file to make the changes permanent.
When the Server is running(no restart required, temporary changes):
- Use the following command in the Client prompt to update the settings,
CONFIG SET <parameter> value
- And to check whether the changes have been made or not, you can use the following command,
CONFIG GET <parameter>
- To know all the parameters present and their values, use
CONFIG GET *