- Download the zip file from the elastic search web site.
- Extract it.
- Open the command prompt and go to the elastic search folder.
- Before that set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.
- Then in the command prompt, run
- This will install the Elastic Search .
- You can open the GUI console to start,stop, restart and other options by running the command
Setting JAVA_HOME environment Variable:
- Go to my computer -> right click and select properties.
- Select Advanced Settings in the Dialog Box that appears and then select the environment variables.
- Check if there is JAVA_HOME environment variable, if not then add a new variable and given the variable name as JAVA_HOME and then in the path give the path to the jdk installation. Select ok and finish setting the environment variable.